Cake Recipes With Soda Weight Watchers

Please follow and like us:

These orange creamsicle cupcakes are only 2 Freestyle points each!!

A cupcake for only 2 points is music to my ears. Plus they are super easy to make!

I used Pillsbury sugar-free yellow cake mix and diet orange soda to make the batter. That's it, no eggs or oil.

I used a handheld mixer to combine the cake mix and soda for 2 minutes. Once I was done I added the batter to a cupcake pan filled with cupcake liners.

The batter looks just like regular cake batter. It also has the same texture. After the cupcakes make they look like regular cupcakes. It's crazy!

I baked the cupcakes according to the directions on the box, then let them cool.

You want to make sure your cupcakes have cooled completely before adding the toping.

To keep this cupcake low in points I used fat-free Cool Whip for the frosting. It goes together great with the orange flavor of the cupcake.

If you are not eating the cupcakes right away I suggest waiting to add the Cool Whip. I keep the Cool Whip in the fridge up to a couple days.

I added some sprinkles to my cupcake, but that is totally optional. If you do add sprinkles make sure you add any extra points.

I'm excited to try this recipe with other soda flavors too!

If you're looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won't cost you a single point! They're perfect for days when you're running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.

If you're looking for more dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It's filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!

Yield: 24 cupcakes (2 points per cupcake for myWW blue, green and purple)

Course: Dessert

Keyword: freestyle, weight watchers, WWFreestyle

  • 1 box Pillsbury sugar-free classic yellow cake mix
  • 12 oz. diet orange soda
  • 8 oz. fat-free Cool Whip, thawed
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

  2. Add the cake mix and orange soda to a mixing bowl.

  3. Use a handheld mixer and mix batter on low for 2 minutes.

  4. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill each one up half way with the cupcake batter.

  5. Bake 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

  6. Let the cupcakes cool completely.

  7. Add Cool Whip to each of the cupcakes.

Reader Interactions

Cake Recipes With Soda Weight Watchers

Source: https://keepingonpoint.com/2019/03/07/orange-creamsicle-cupcakes-weight-watchers/